Thursday, March 12, 2015

Anime Milwaukee 2015 Photos!!!

KNOW THIS IS REALLY LATE!!! LIKE A MONTH LATE!!! (Sorry)

Still gonna put the pictures up though...
(And yesterday was my birthday!!!)

I did have the chance to be at the con the whole day on Saturday, but I was lazy and didn't get up in time because I was tired FROM THE GYMNASTICS MEET I HAD PARTICIPATED IN LAST NIGHT that also happened to be on the third floor of the exact same convention center that was hosting Anime Milwaukee that weekend. And I seriously regret not being there the whole day.

Cosplay:
Yes, that is ME cosplaying as Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night on the left. If you're wondering why I blocked my face, it's because I just don't want my face on the internet. But it's a good thing I found an Archer at the con too! You should have seen his reaction when he spotted me. 

Here's a better picture of my Rin shirt. The shirt itself was from Goodwill, the white detailing was cut from athlete's tape, buttons were sewn on, and I even pinned the hem to make it angled. 





These three all went/go to my school

Same with the two on the right here

When I told him Tamaki was my favorite host, he told me he thought Rin was the best master. 





Panels:
Attack on Titan Q&A
Left to right: Caitlin Glass, J. Michael Tatum, Bryce Papenbrook, and Joel McDonald.
I also asked a question, and the video is here: http://youtu.be/5_-SkgCtmlI Apologies for the bad quality.

Steve Blum Q&A
This man has the BIGGEST VOICE RANGE EVER. 
Another horrible quality video I took from this panel: http://youtu.be/-3etTeBXjRY

Obligatory Con Pocky. I don't seem to like chocolate Pocky very much, but the berry one was great. (Oh don't worry, I've had Pocky before this.)

THE DEALER'S ROOM and ARTIST ALLEY
Seriously, I could spend HOURS (and hundreds of dollars) here. It's my FAVORITE part of a convention. And THANK YOU CON STAFF for making the dealer's room even BIGGER and making the aisles wider! (Last year was SUPER crowded!)


Don't LOSE YOUR WAYYYYYYYYYY




(Took this as I was running)

This is just a bit of a warning here. If you see these kinds of figures for sale anywhere, ones in these kinds of boxes or with the name "Xinzhida" on them, know that THEY ARE COUNTERFEITS. THEY ARE BOOTLEGS.

The rest of the con: 
Some random panel

This here was playing K-Pop the whole time. And had lots of con goers dancing by it. 





Tabletop room

CON HAUL
I bought...
Makoto Tachibana Plush: $15
Kyoko Sakura Keychain charm: $6
8 buttons from Rubberpunk: $10
(Team Gurren, Ace Attorney Objection, Garrison Brigade, Water Bender, Konoha Leaf, Rukia's glove symbol, Shion Kaito, and Kamui Gakupo)
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club tumbler: $15
I wish I bought more stuff... (;_;)

Free stuff: (By free, I actually mean free)
Animecons/Anime Midwest Lanyard
Crunchyroll Lanyard (Came with the con badge)
Crunchyroll bracelet
Daisho Con button
Mini versions of the DVD case covers for Karneval and The Devil is a Part-Timer


Wall scrolls were supposed to be $20 each, but there was a 2 for $35 deal going on, and for some reason, I went for it. I saw 3 different Ouran wall scrolls at the con, but this one was by far the best one I saw. There were no other wall scrolls that I really wanted that the vendor had, so I got the Death Note one. If I don't want to hang it up, I'll save it as an extra-special birthday present for an otaku friend.

And, I decided to buy prints. I actually kind of regret it, but oh well. There was a reason why I wanted prints and wall scrolls this time around, a reason I hope comes true later this year. The one in the top left was $15, and her prints were gorgeous. The other guy I bought the other 3 prints from was selling them for $12 each, but had a buy 2 get one free deal. 

And, to finish things off, two tiny con stories: 

I got to meet David Vincent at his booth in the Dealer's Room. I asked him, "Since it's Valentine's Day, can you say a cheesy pick-up line as Archer from Fate/Zero to Saber?" I attempted to record his response, but the lady at his booth said that I would have to pay $20 to record anything. I stopped recording, but she didn't say anything about typing on the internet what he said! "Hello Saber. Mongrel. Come here often?"

A friend of mine could not make it to the con, so she asked me to ask Bryce Papenbrook to propose to Klein as Kirito. She wasn't entirely serious, but I did it anyways. "Klein, will you, marry me?" and then he laughed. I was supposed to record it, but my phone was being dumb and wouldn't load the camera. Then I tried just the Voice Recording function on my phone, and THAT didn't work either!!! So, I had nothing to show for my work, but I tried as best to imitate what I had heard as possible in front of her. She was impressed.

And that about wraps up this long post! I really wish I took more pictures, but the past is the past. There are quite a few things I regretted about Anime Milwaukee this year, but all I can do is look forward to upcoming cons and make sure I'm more prepared. I've got 5 months to wait for Geek.Kon, and I actually plan on hosting a panel there.

So, did any of you see me at the con? (If you can remember). What's the best and worst thing you've ever gotten at a con?

Right now, I don't think I'll be able to come off my massive reviewing hiatus yet, but you will see a Spring Impressions post from me soon. I'm actually planning and preparing myself for a little project that I hope can get started this summer.

Cheers,
~Selena

Last Updated: 13 March 2015
Originally Published: 12 March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment